ISNorthEast brings together the governance, assurance and security professionals from public sector organisations in Northumberland, Tyne and Wear, Durham and the Tees Valley in a trusted community.
It allows them to get together on a regular basis to share good practice, exchange views and address information assurance and cyber security issues facing local public service organisations that could potentially be affecting everyone.
Membership is open to information security and information assurance officers from non-profit public service organisations in the north east region and their outsourced delivery partners and is free of charge. Members from organisations outside the north east region may be admitted at the forum’s discretion.
ISNorthEast holds half-day meetings every other month in a central location where common issues are discussed, sometimes with invited expert speakers. In addition to meetings, members receive a daily round ups of threats, vulnerabilities and relevant news stories.
Critically, members have a mechanism to immediately alert each other of real threats being encountered in a sort of ‘neighbourhood watch’ for public data and systems.
ISNorthEast has a presence on the CiSP national cyber security platform and its members contribute to wider discussions on the platform including in the North East Region CiSP Group.
- Regular meetings.
- A secure online collaboration space to support discussion and knowledge sharing.
- Information security news stories and developments curated from a number of different sources distributed as a daily email newsletter.
- Best practice shared with other local authority WARPs.
- Members share information about security incidents anonymised if required, so that everyone can benefit from lessons learned.
- Access to information from other public sector WARPs.
- Councils must report incidents to CESG (the UK National Technical Authority); WARPs are the primary interface between the two.
- Members notify each other of critical issues using an online messaging solution.
- Notifications and alerts on viruses, malware and software vulnerabilities are curated from a number of different sources including other local authority WARPs and distributed by email.
Current Members include:
Local Government (councils)
Durham County Council
Newcastle Upon Tyne City Council
North Tyneside Council
Northumberland County Council
Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council
South Tyneside Council
Sunderland City Council
Xentrall Shared Services (Stockton BC & Darlington BC)
|Local Government (other)
Engie (North Tyneside Council)
Gateshead Schools IT (curriculum support)
North Eastern ICT Partnership
South Tyneside ICT in Schools
North of Tyne Combined Authority
Tees Valley Combined Authority
|Passenger Transport Executive
Tyne and Wear Fire & Rescue
Department of Work and Pensions
National Cyber Security Centre
County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
NHS Business Services Authority
North of England Commissioning Support Unit
Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust
NHS Counter Fraud Authority
NHS Blood and Transplant
Tees, Esk and Wear Valley NHS Trust
University of Sunderland
Newcastle College Group
North East Regional Cybercrime Unit
|Out of Area
Edinburgh City Council
ISNorthEast is facilitated by the North Eastern ICT Partnership.
National WARP Directory
National Cyber Security Centre
Dynamo North East
CiSP – Cyber Security Information Sharing Partnership