ISNorthEast is the Warning, Advice & Reporting Point for the north east government community (NEGWARP).
ISNorthEast brings together the governance, assurance and security professionals from public sector organisations in Northumberland, Tyne and Wear, Durham and the Tees Valley in a trusted community.
It allows them to get together on a regular basis to share good practice, exchange views and address information assurance and cyber security issues facing local public service organisations that could potentially be affecting everyone.
Membership is open to information security and information assurance officers from non-profit public service organisations in the north east region and their outsourced delivery partners and is free of charge. Members from organisations outside the north east region may be admitted at the forum’s discretion.
ISNorthEast holds quarterly half-day meetings in a central location where common issues are discussed, often with invited expert speakers. In addition to meetings, members receive a daily round ups of threats, vulnerabilities and relevant news stories.
Critically, members have a mechanism to immediately alert each other of real threats being encountered in a sort of ‘neighbourhood watch’ for public data and systems.
ISNorthEast has a presence on the CiSP national cyber security platform and its members contribute to wider discussions on the platform including in the North East Region CiSP Group.
- Regular meetings.
- A secure online collaboration space to support discussion and knowledge sharing.
- Information security news stories and developments curated from a number of different sources distributed as a daily email newsletter.
- Best practice shared with other local authority WARPs.
- Members share information about security incidents anonymised if required, so that everyone can benefit from lessons learned.
- Access to information from other local authority WARPs.
- Councils must report incidents to CESG (the UK National Technical Authority); WARPs are the primary interface between the two.
Critical Alerts via the ISNorthEast warnings and notifications network
- Members notify each other of critical issues using an online messaging solution.
Warnings via the ISNorthEast warnings and notifications network
- Notifications and alerts on viruses, malware and software vulnerabilities are curated from a number of different sources including other local authority WARPs and distributed by email.
Current Members include:
Local Government (councils)
1. Durham County Council
2. Gateshead Council
3. Hartlepool Council
4. Middlesbrough Council
5. Newcastle Upon Tyne City Council
6. North Tyneside Council
7. Northumberland County Council
8. Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council
9. South Tyneside Council
10. Sunderland City Council
11. Xentrall Shared Services (Stockton BC & Darlington BC)
|Local Government (other)
||12. BT South Tyneside
13. Engie (North Tyneside Council)
14. ICT Gateshead (curriculum support)
15. Northumberland Schools ICT
16. North Eastern ICT Partnership
|Passenger Transport Executive
18. Department of Work and Pensions
19. Homes England
20. National Cyber Security Centre
21. County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
22. Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
23. NHS Business Services Authority
24. NHS Protect
25. South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust
26. North of England Commissioning Support Unit
27. Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
|28. Durham University
29. Newcastle University
30. Teesside University
31. University of Sunderland
32. Newcastle College Group
33. Cleveland Police
34. Durham Constabulary
35. Northumbria Police
36. North East Regional Cybercrime Unit
||37. Tyne and Wear Fire & Rescue
|Out of Area
38. Calderdale Council
39. Edinburgh City Council
40. Hambleton District Council
41. Hull City Council
42. Kirklees Council
ISNorthEast is facilitated by the North Eastern ICT Partnership.
CPNI:Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure
National WARP Directory
National Cyber Security Centre
Dynamo North East
CiSP – Cyber Security Information Sharing Partnership