Originally formed in 2002 as the Tyne and Wear ICT and e-Government Partnership, NEICT brings together Heads of IT* from councils across the North East of England to share experience and work together to address emerging policy, technology, market and resource challenges.
* responsible for ICT, ICT & Digital, or ICT, Digital & Customer Services depending on local structures
Between them, the 9 member councils
- employ and are responsible for the professional development of over 1000 IT Professionals
- support around 30,000 computer users in over 1,000 corporate locations and working remotely
- influence over £40m of spend on ICT goods and services
NEICT provides a safe environment for
- sharing and developing expertise, best practice, learning, skills and experience
- developing new, and exploiting existing ICT infrastructure, applications and developments
- working together to support efficiency, modernisation and shared services agendas
- maximising opportunities for jointly procuring ICT goods and services
- working with other organisations to ensure a co-ordinated approach to regional ICT developments and to help shape the use of ICT in the North East for the benefit of the residents, people who work here and those who visit the region
Much of our focus recently has been connecting our colleagues in council service delivery with the insight coming out of Central Government around information security especially because of cyber resilience and Public Services Network compliance.
Our local information security network, ISNorthEast Information Security for the North East – the North East’s public sector WARP, and our series of ‘Enabling Safe Business’ events are part of this work.
|Roy Sheehan (Chair)||email@example.com|
|Dan Simms (Vice Chair)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Associate Partner Representatives|
|Previous Partnership Chairs|