Between them, the member councils
- employ and are responsible for the professional development of over 500 ICT Professionals
- support around 20,000 computer users in over 1,000 locations
- influence over £30m of spend on ICT goods and services
NEICT provides a safe environment for
- sharing and developing expertise, best practice, learning, skills and experience
- developing new, and exploiting existing ICT infrastructure, applications and developments
- working together to support efficiency, modernisation and shared services agendas
- maximising opportunities for jointly procuring ICT goods and services
- working with other organisations to ensure a co-ordinated approach to regional ICT developments and to help shape the use of ICT in the North East for the benefit of the residents, people who work here and those who visit the region
Much of our focus recently has been connecting our colleagues in council service delivery with the insight coming out of Central Government around information security especially because of Public Services Network compliance. The local information security network, ISNorthEast, and our series of ‘Enabling Safe Business’ events are part of this work.
NEICT’s councils co-incidentally make up the North East Combined Authority (www.northeastca.gov.uk) which was formed in April 2014.
|Associate Partner Representatives|
|Previous Partnership Chairs|